Saturday, August 23, 2008

Elmo "Happy" Cake

Lily and Wyatt have a great love of Elmo even though they do NOT like Sesame Street. I had bought Elmo plates and napkins back in March in anticipation of their 2nd birthday. I was planning on making them an Elmo cake too. Due to Ryan getting sick and being transfer to U of M, we were unable to have a birthday celebration for Lily and Wyatt.

We were supposed to have a visit this weekend from Patty, Stefanie, and Daniel. Daniel just turned two and also likes Elmo, so I decided to make the Elmo cake for the three 2 year olds. Unfortunately, Daniel got sick so they were unable to come. Lily and Wyatt were already looking forward to Elmo "Happy" Cake, so I decided to make the cake anyway. Lily and Wyatt were very excited when they saw him finished -- they enjoyed eating the "happy" cake too!

Thanks, Kelly, for all of your help with the frosting! Thanks, Lori, for letting me borrow the pan!

8 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

So cute!!! It's funny how they all love Elmo but could careless about him on tv. :)

I love the cake. You did a fantastic job! It really looks like Elmo! Daniel is out with Grandpa right now, I can't wait to show him when he gets home!

We miss you guys! I am thinking that soon as volleyball is over, we will come up!

Kandy said...

that cake is so great!!! I am very impressed Kristin! Next year I will hire you to make Jackson's bday cake. Wow, looks like fun!!

Danielle in MO said...

most impressive.... Camryn had a cake like that on her first birthday.... but I didn't make it -had to buy and your turned out just as cute!!!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Ladies! A shaped pan and a friend who has taken a few cake decorating classes were of great help to me. :)

The Schmit Clan said...

What a cute picture of the kids with the cake. It looks pretty big! What a fun memory to have...

Kori said...

Love the cake and just look at those two they look like they are patiently waiting for him to talk to them.

Thanks so much for your vote and kind words. And oh yes it does definately sucks.

Jen R said...

The cake turned out awesome! Too cute to eat. :)

Kristen said...

So bummed that Daniel was sick so that they couldn't make it. I know they were sad about that, too.

And that cake looks AMAZING! Way to go. I am thoroughly impressed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers