Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nap Time

There are many great things about having twins: built in playmates, constant entertainment, and abundant blessings. Nap time is not one of those blessings, at least not at our house. Nap time stresses me out because Lily and Wyatt feed off each other and will laugh, giggle, scream, jump, and bang on walls for an hour or more sometimes. They don't usually cry, but they definitely don't fall asleep right away either. (I also found out two days ago that my neighbor can hear them and her little boy naps in the room on the other side of the wall.)


Today I decided to try separating them for nap time. Wyatt is in his crib and Lily is in the pack and play in my room. Lily was very excited about sleeping in her "bed" and willingly climbed the stairs to my room. Wyatt was excited for bed too, until he realized it would not be with Lily. I put her down first and then went to the kids' room to adjust the blinds and curtains. Wyatt headed back to my door and cried for his Lily. As I put him in his bed he was crying for Lily and screaming "no, Lily, no!" They both cried for the first few minutes; Wyatt calling for Lily and Lily calling for Boo. But now, all is QUIET and they have only been upstairs for about 15 minutes -- YEAH!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful that they love each other -- what more can a mom ask for?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How precious!

I'm glad they settled down relatively easy for you. :)

Jaimee said...

Kristin, VICTORY!!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers