Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tears

I have cried so much the last few days. I have felt the pain of Ryan's death more and more as the summer has gone on. All of the numbing shock is gone and the full reality of life has set in. Ryan is not here. He is not coming back. I can't call him and tell him what I am feeling. I miss his gentle reassurance when my world is out of control. I miss just being with him.

My emotions hit me in unexpected waves. I can often control my emotions when I am out, crying only in the house when the kids are in bed and I am alone. Today, I cannot seem to be strong enough to keep it together. I cried after my property manager asked how I was doing. I cried at the place I had my finger prints taken because I encountered a medical situation that was a vivid reminder of Ryan. I cried when a complete stranger was nice to me. I cried when I received an email telling me that someone was praying for me today.

I cried out to God and told him I didn't know how I was going to do this by myself.

God's response: Literally moments after my prayer through my tears, my sweet son, Wyatt, walked in the room and gave me a hug. He climbed in my lap and just started patting me to comfort me. He had been playing in the other room with Lily. He had not seen me crying today, yet God used him in that moment to remind me that I am not alone. God is here with me hearing my cries and He has given me two precious reminders of Ryan.

Today has not been easy. God knows that I am hurting. Jesus knows what it is like to cry. God's grace is sufficient and his mercies are new every morning, I will take comfort in those things today and hope for a better tomorrow.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristin... I am at a loss for words. My heart hurts for you. I am so sorry that you are having a rough day today and I'm sorry that the last few days have been rather emotional for you. I will continue praying for you..

alison calhoun said...

kristin-

i met ryan through one of my senior classes at judson college. kim budd had him speak to us on our finances. he then became mine and my husband's personal financial advisor for a time. he took us out to lunch and my husband and i were ministered to during our lunch with him. i have often thought about him and how incredible his faith in God was. knowing he was sick, he still spoke with such assurance for God's plan for his life. i am someone who often times fears the unknown details of my death, but he had such a focus on how he wanted to live. i was inspired by him to live the days that i do have with purpose, love, humility, and passion. i don't know you kristin, but please know that recently have been in my thoughts and prayers as i just learned of your loss not too long ago from a mutual friend of ours, Jaimee Bartha.

i will be checking in on your blog from time to time to look for specific ways to pray for you.

God's hope, peace, and comfort to you sister.

-alison calhoun

jouettelove said...

i happened upon your blog, and had to say something ... i know words have little meaning, but your love pours streams of light out - your ryan lives on through you and your babies. sending you love and comforting hugs.

Kandy said...

God has all your tears in a bottle and Jesus is interceding on your behalf before the Father! Thank you for your honesty!! My heart hurts for you as reality is hard and your life is not an easy one at all!! I love you and as always I am praying earnestly.

Kori said...

Your strength is amazing and so is our God.

The Nikkels said...

Kristin
my heart breaks for you. I cannot imagine your pain. Please know that you are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers, I love you and I am only ever a call away.

Danielle in MO said...

so sorry - my heart hurts for you.. don't know what to say.... just that I am sorry and will continue to pray....

Jaimee said...

K, ...sigh...oh how much I wish that I could take your pain away. Your unshakable faith and love for the Lord is so inspiring and I'm thankful for your honesty and vulnerability. You are LOVED deeply by the Lord, but also by many friends and family who are on their knees daily for you. I know I don't live close, but I'm open to WHATEVER you need WHENEVER you need it. Much love to you Kristin!

OceanDesert said...

Please know I am thinking about you and you guys' beautiful babies...

Violet said...

i am crying for you, I don't have any words for you. i send you a hug and good thoughts.

The Schmit Clan said...

wouldn't it be great if Jesus came today?....love you....

Laurie Gates said...

I love you, dear friend.

Susie said...

There are good days and bad days... my mantra is one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. I am not dealing with the death of a loved one, so my pain is not as deep as yours. However, I am praying that you have peace.

Kristen said...

Still uplift you in prayer all the time, friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers