Monday, August 25, 2008

The Blitz

Tonight we went to The Blitz at church (with Nana and Papa). The Blitz was a big event for kids to promote the different activities and groups for kids during the school year. They served a hot dog dinner followed by a magician (who shared the gospel as well as entertained the kids).

Then everyone headed outside for ice cream, cotton candy, face painting, fire trucks, fire hoses, and blow up activities. Lily and Wyatt had gotten bored during the magician so we headed outside early. It was great. We went down the HUGE blow up slide four times (I went 2x's with each kid), because no one else was outside yet. Then we got to sit inside the fire truck and spray the fire hose. The kids loved it (except the noise of the fire truck)!

The kids got to actually spray the fire hose (Wyatt sprayed it too, but it was before I got the camera out of the car). Lily thought that it was great to splash in the hose and get all wet!

Here is a picture of the kids and I in front of the fire truck. The engine was running and it was really loud. We also sat inside the fire truck which they thought was great (again, the camera was still in the car).

These are the pictures that I got of the slide. It really was huge. Both Lily and Wyatt loved going down the slide and who have gone down many, many times if Mommy could have carried them up anymore.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the blitz! I didn't want to chase 3 kids by myself, so I stayed home (still in my pj's actually!) Looks like it was a success, though, how cool! I'm just trying to catch up on your blog, any success with your laptop files? I was told you could try and pour distilled water over the keyboard and let it dry... my friend has yet to try it on her laptop, but thought I would pass the tip along.

Stefanie Schocke said...

Daniel is jealous, he loves firetrucks!! How fun!

Kristen said...

What a fun day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers