Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two Months

Today it has been two months since Ryan died. It still hurts each day, sometimes more than others. I wish there was a way to stop time, but life continues on. Lily and Wyatt continue to grow up and learn to do new things that Ryan won't see -- I think that is the hardest thing about life going on.

Yesterday we went to the cemetery. I have only taken the kids one other time. They were so cute. They "helped" me tend to the flowers and then they just ran and laughed "by Daddy". I am sure that it would make Ryan smile.

God has continued to provide for us in unbelievable ways:

Financially:
  • Ryan's life insurance check came (on our 5 year anniversary).
  • Because of the life insurance: I have been able to pay off all debt; get us a new van that is much more suitable for the kids and I, as well as taking Nana and Papa and all of our visitors with us; and set up a trust fund to meet all the needs of Lily, Wyatt and myself for the future.
  • The generous gifts of our friends and family are being set up into a college fund for Lily and Wyatt.
  • Social Security benefits have been established for the kids and I allowing me to stay at home with Lily and Wyatt -- something that Ryan and I had desired before we ever had the twins.

Emotionally:

  • Friends and family continue to support us, love us, and take care of us.
  • We have had TONS of visitors, making the summer go fast.
  • People who gone through grief have come into my life to help me walk this road.

As we continue to walk this road, we still need a lot of prayers. The kids do not understand why they can't go visit Daddy. This morning Lily started crying when I said that we couldn't go see Daddy. I struggle with being a single mom and making the right choices about parenting (a daunting task with two parents). Thanks for loving us through our sadness!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I hurt today with you.

Kori said...

I will continue to pray for and those sweet little kiddos.

Unknown said...

Always thinking about you and praying for you. I wish I could turn back time for you. You are amazing in your strength.
Love you tons

Danielle in MO said...

thinking of you today and EVERY day....

Laurie Gates said...

I love you too, Kristin, and wish I could be with you. I'm so thankful to God for the financial blessings so that you will not have to worry about that so much.

Kelly said...

I stumbled upon your blog one day while I was playing around on the computer and have since visited your blog many times. I find myself so thankful for how honest and real you are...your faith in Christ is amazing, so inspiring. So many times, I walk away after reading your blog, looking at the situations in my life differently - with more of a perspective that I should have. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

God is good.

Kelly C'de Baca
cdebacafamily.blogspot.com
onceuponacupcake.net

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Your lives are such a testimony of God's provision and faithfulness. Thanks for continuing to share your heart.

There is a song we used to listen to after Bob's transplant. Betsy would sing parts of it with gusto. Bob would lip synch and pretend to play the guitar. I think it may apply for you, too...

"God is working, He’s still working
God is working even now
Though we often don’t know just how
God is working, He’s still working
God is working even now.

Though you cannot see
And you can’t quite understand
Remember God is still in control
He has promised to bring you through somehow
And He's working even now

Hallelujah, He’s working even now
Though we often don’t know just how
God is working, He’s still working
God is working even now..." (Carol Cymbala, sung by The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers